Unable to run the coded UI test in visual studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• After recording with coded ui test builder, when i try to build my test project it is giving this error but the file project3.dll is already there in the location mentioned. I have just now installed vs 2010 on my system. Do we need to do some settings? Please help me out.

Error loading c:\users\v-majh\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\TestProject3\TestProject3\bin\Debug\TestProject3.dll: Unable to load the test container 'c:\users\v-majh\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\TestProject3\TestProject3\bin\Debug\TestProject3.dll' or one of its dependencies. Error details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Remove and re-add the reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.dll in the project.  It may be pointing to the wrong version.  I am having a similar issue. 

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:08 PM
  • Hello Mayank,

I am marking Smyrin's reply as answer. If the suggestion can’t help you, you can come back and unmark it as answer. If you have anything unclear, please feel free to come back and ask me.

Best reagrds,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, December 3, 2012 1:17 AM